San Mateo County
- Adult Protective Services (800) 675-8437
- Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (650) 627-9359
- Ombudsman Services (650) 349-7008
Santa Clara County
- Adult Protective Services (408) 975-4900
- Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (408) 296-8290
- Ombudsman Services (408) 944-0567
- Advanced Health Care Directives for California
- The Alzheimer’s Association (Mountain View branch) www.alz.org
- Medicare U.S. Government (800) 633-4227 (800-Medicare) www.medicare.gov
- NAELA National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (520) 881-4005 www.naela.org
- Rosener House Adult Day Services www.penvol.org/rosenerhouse
- A User's Guide to Healthcare Reform
- Healthcare Reform: Strengthening Medicare
- Healthcare Reform: Medicare Advantage
- Healthcare Reform: Medicare Part D
Other Potentially Useful Resources
- www.homesafety.net Homesafety Inc. for your home safety assessment needs, and equipment to improve the safety and comfort of older adults.
- www.elderconsult.com Dr. Landsverk is an M.D. Geriatrician knowledgeable about Dementia and agitation.
- www.seniorseasons.com SeniorSeasons helps with transitions from home to residential care facilities.
- Email or call Patricia with your questions: 650-218-5234How can I keep my elder safe at home? How do we get safety equipment installed?
- What legal paperwork do I need in place?
- Do I have the correct supplemental insurance?
- What does an Ombudsman do and when do I need to consult one?
- Where can I find respite care for my elder?